CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CAMPING PERMIT
PLEASE CONTACT JESSE GROVE BEFORE SENDING IN YOUR CAMPING PERMIT & PAYMENT TO AVOID ANY SCHEDULING CONFLICTS 814-349-2403.
CAMPING RULES AND REGULATION:
NO SHOOTING BEFORE 1 pm ON SUNDAYS!!!
All sites being used must have at least one member present and that member is responsible for all activates of the persons with him or her. If you are camping on MCSA property as an event participant, the event sponsor and their insurance is responsible for your actions. Please act responsibly.
Cost is $10.00 a night per RV, camper, tent, etc. with a maximum of four persons per site.
Two locations are available: One is located at the rifle range on the hill behind the parking area. Approximately four sites are presently available there now. The other area is the east side of the five stand range BUT not in front of the five stand pavilion. Here there is room for 4-6 tents. NO RV’S/CAMPERS!!
All camping is primitive – there are no electrical or water hookups and no waste disposal site. Please dispose of trash in the dumpster provided in front of the Club House. Toilets are available between the rifle range & pistol range and at the rear of the Club House.
All camping is on a reservation basis and campers must have prior approval from a club officer in order to camp. All fees are due prior to set up. Reservation forms are available from the event organizers or on the club’s web site: mifflincosportsmens.com
Campfires are permitted in designated fire rings. In the event of a burn ban or extremely dry conditions, campfires will not be permitted. If such bans are in effect, notice will be posted in the designated areas.
Under no circumstances are any alcoholic beverages permitted on club grounds. All campers must be in camp no later than 11 p.m. The lane is closed to vehicular traffic from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. of the next day except for emergency purposes. Quiet hours are from one-half hour after sunset until one-half hour before sunrise. Shooting is permitted on the gun ranges during legal shooting hours as set by the Pennsylvania Game Commission. No night shooting. No loaded firearms are permitted in camping areas except if you possess a legal permit to carry a firearm.
Camping at the MCSA is provided for the convenience of traveling event participants and out of county members wishing to use the ranges. It is likely that opportunities will continue to be developed and expanded for members and guests so that they may more easily access the facilities. Camping will only continue to be a viable option if all campers are respectful of the club grounds, other campers, event participants, and the local community. Please have fun, promote a positive image for our sport and organization, and most importantly, have a safe stay.
If you prefer another campground or other lodging, click here:
NO SHOOTING BEFORE 1:00 PM ON SUNDAY
Mifflin County Sportsmen’s Association General Rules
1. SAFETY & Courtesy first!
2. Current membership cards must be displayed with number visible while using the premises.
a) Membership runs from January 1st to December 31st.
b) Only members may use these ranges except for special events
with board approval.
3. Close and lock the gate when entering or leaving club property.
4. All junior members must be under the direct supervision of a
parent or an adult.
5. SHOOTING TIMES
a) Rifle, pistol, trap, five stand and shotgun pattern board.
Weekdays and Saturdays: Sunrise to Sunset.
SUNDAYS: 1:00 PM to SUNSET
c) Archery: Daily: Sunrise to Sunset.
6. Board of directors must approve all organized shoots.
7. Worn side arms must comply with Pennsylvania State Law.
8. Speed limit on club grounds is 20MPH as this is for the safety of all members.
9. Park vehicles in parking lot and designated areas.
10. Destruction or mutilation of club property shall be cause for appearance of the Board of Directors for disciplinary action, which may also be cause for arrest and prosecution. Violators will be responsible to pay for damages.
11. Any violation of club rules may be sufficient cause for disciplinary action and or arrest and prosecution.
12. Please keep grounds clean.
13. No alcoholic beverages are permitted on ranges and parking areas.